NEHS Advisor Grants are one of several grant opportunities that are available to chapters, yet seldom sought. NEHS believes in educators and wishes to support them, particularly those who are willing to add even more to the stresses of 21st century education by willingly serving as NEHS Advisors. Advisors are encouraged to apply for these new grants that are intended to supplement other funding sources. Grants must be used to enhance the teaching and learning of the English language arts that will also directly impact leadership effectiveness for NEHS chapters. Applications for these $350 grants may be submitted at anytime throughout the school year.
- Applicants must be advisors of active NEHS chapters. The Central Office will verify active chapter status.
- Evidence of chapter activities has been outlined in the required annual report consistently.
- Applicants may not have received an Advisor Grant in the previous calendar year.
- Members of the NEHS Advisory Council are not eligible for Advisor Grants.
- Applications should be received no later than one month prior to the event/purchase but will be considered for funding throughout the school year.
- Grant winners agree to write for the NEHS Museletter blog, discussing the educational value the grant provided.