Our partner, National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), has recently released five revised position statements that reflect “the values and practices the Council considers important in the teaching and learning of English language arts.” They are:
- Statement on Anti-Racism to Support Teaching and Learning
- Guidelines for Dealing with Censorship of Instructional Materials
- NCTE Position Statement Regarding Rating or ‘Red-Flagging’ Books
- Preparing Teachers with Knowledge of Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- A Call to Action: What We Know about Adolescent Literacy Instruction
These documents, which may be copied and disseminated without permission from NCTE, are available in the Resources section of the NCTE website. All position statements include extensive resources and references.